[Rhodes22-list] Urgent Change needed for XP Machines: TurnoffAutoUpdate...

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Wed Aug 18 01:54:42 EDT 2004

Michael is tied up this week,

1)building a new sever and a PITA raid control, just got 1tb online, still behind the curve
2)need to build a second server
3)got a clam bake this weekend
4)taking the boat to block island next week

As far as SP2, take it with a grain of salt, most of the issues is from software that wants open port and the default firewall gets
in the way, some of the problem stuff is MS own software, I would hold a week or two.
the quote of the day: "Pioneers get bullets and arrows but settlers get land". The biggest issue for SP2 is to cancele all intel
hardware(not kidding) and only order AMD kit. The Optron with the Nonexecute is getting alot of play in the rags.

MJM