[Rhodes22-list] Side stay Question

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Sun Aug 22 08:41:01 EDT 2004

Julie,

Ed is correct - mast has to come down - normally the plastic end fitting
holds in via its tight fit - if it developed a loose fit and popped out due
to a slackened stay, the problem can be permanently avoided by one simple
sheet metal screw through the aluminum tube and into the plastic - we have
thousands of such screws if you need one.

Which reminds me that you had mentioned pointing and I asked do you ever
move the genoa sheets inside the upper shrouds to their cabin side leads
(easy to do when the fitting has fallen out of the spreader tip fitting) or
ever moved the sheets to the cabin top leads inside all of the shrouds (of
course sail size must be shortened accordingly) and do not recall getting a
response.

stan/gbi