[Rhodes22-list] Side stay Question

Grayson/Ena Lynn eagl at bigfoot.com
Sun Aug 22 22:11:24 EDT 2004

If you can find a stable dock or bulkhead you could slack off mooring lines
(with the bad end of the spreader toward land), use the topping lift to haul
a sturdy line to the masthead (for a better grip), and draft two friends to
careen the boat over until you can reach and inspect the problem.  When you
tilt the hull toward the dock it will move away to the limit of the mooring
lines.  Note:  The last time I did this, careening to starboard, I got a
boat full of water because of a sink drain hose that was cracked at the
thru-hull fitting, so check that first.

<G>