[Rhodes22-list] Why is the R22 Not Reviewed?

Prof. Gary Lynn glynn at stevens.edu
Wed Aug 25 09:27:46 EDT 2004

While I am intrigued by the Rhodes 22, I am confused that in the three
small-cruising-sailing books and many magazines that I have read (including
the August 2004 issue of Sail that specially featured trailersailers), why
the Rhodes 22 is not included when other trailerable sailboats such as the
Precision 21, MacGregor 26, Hunter 260, Potter 19, Catalina 250, and others
are reviewed.  Can anyone explain this?

I am aware that Practical Sailor reviewed the R22 by itself from the General
Boats website.

Thank you.

Regards,
Gary Lynn