[Rhodes22-list] Why is the R22 Not Reviewed?

Julie Thorndycraft julie at circle7.net
Wed Aug 25 08:43:51 EDT 2004

Gary,
There is a very simple reason for this. All of the boats below pay for
advertising in those magazines. Stan does not pay for advertising and the
magazines choose to exclude the Rhodes 22. At most they will give it a
one-line blurb with contact information but more recently, I haven't even
seen that.

Personally, I think that is misleading to the consumer who may not realize
that a money game is being played. However, this applies to any magazine
that supplies information on 'product' and I don't care what industry it is
in. Practical Sailor is exception because they don't have advertising.

If you want information on the Rhodes, you have to see it at a show, stumble
across it on the internet, find this email list, or know someone who has
one. As an owner, I personally think that it is the best of breed and
definitely a step above any of the boats listed below.

Julie Thorndycraft
Excelsior, MN
s/v Blue Loon
1996 Rhodes 22 - recycled 2003