[Rhodes22-list] Why is the R22 Not Reviewed?

albert caiola albert_caiola at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 07:07:00 EDT 2004

Gary
I am also a trailer sailing prospect, and I had the same question and many more regarding the Rhodes 22.  As Julie had stated you come across the R22 in a number of different ways of which sailing magazines are not one.
I stumbled across the Rhodes 22 on the Internet while doing extensive research on trailerable sailboats to purchase.  I can probably save you a considerable amount of time by saying now that you have discovered the R22, STOP LOOKING !
You will find, if you haven"t found out already, the Rhodes 22 is head and shoulders above all other trailerable sailboats on the market.  I addition the manufacturer (Stan at GBI), and the network of owners are the most available, responsive, helpful and friendly people you will come across.
I hope this helps.

Al C. in NJ

P.S. Stan did not pay me to to say this : )

"Prof. Gary Lynn" <glynn at stevens.edu> wrote:
While I am intrigued by the Rhodes 22, I am confused that in the three
small-cruising-sailing books and many magazines that I have read (including
the August 2004 issue of Sail that specially featured trailersailers), why
the Rhodes 22 is not included when other trailerable sailboats such as the
Precision 21, MacGregor 26, Hunter 260, Potter 19, Catalina 250, and others
are reviewed. Can anyone explain this?

I am aware that Practical Sailor reviewed the R22 by itself from the General
Boats website.

Thank you.

Regards,
Gary Lynn