[Rhodes22-list] Test Sail in New Jersey

Jay Friedland jsail1 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 25 13:08:33 EDT 2004

Gary-
Is Exit 63 close enough? LBI-based, R22 slipped in Haven Beach, and
always ready. "quick ride" only based on the winds available, but it is
a responsive boat to the slightest of winds. If you mean a  short ride,
it's your choice, but like the Lay's Potato Chips, I wouldn't limit
myself-spend time.

Cell is 201/803-5665 (bus. phone). Or e-mail me.
Jay

P.S. Ask Jon Parker how just poking around docks got him into a R22
within weeks?

August 10, 2004, Jon wrote-
"Three weeks ago I could not spell roads - now I own one!

Just by chance I passed by a slip with a beautiful deep blue sail boat.
When I asked "what is that"? I was introduced to the Rhodes 22 - this as
the boat was pulling away.

A few hours on the internet later I thought I knew what I needed to and
fired off an email to GBI. Over the next week Stan arranged for my wife
and kids to see the inside, and once they approved I had a look for
myself.

Despite numerous offers, I never even sailed the boat, I just knew it
was right.

It was fate. Stan called and said he had a last minute cancellation for
an 87' RR in the same deep blue. Finding a slip was the next trick -
fate again intervened.

Now that all the stars aligned my new boat is in the water and in just a
few weeks I'm a happy and proud owner.

The GBI team really put together great and sincere efforts to make sure
everything worked out - Thank You.

And thanks to Jay for his introduction, and kind assistance in the
decision making process.

Cheers,

JMP"