[Rhodes22-list] port light replacements

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at MAIL.nyu.edu
Tue Aug 31 15:48:21 EDT 2004

>Thanks, Lou.
>
>Now that we've established where you stand on this issue, you've got
>to know it will never happen.  Stan doesn't have the time, and as a
>practical matter there isn't enough time in anyone's day.
>
>People on the list will give you a lot of help, and as we all sort
>out the answers, the list becomes smarter than any individual on it,
>with the possible exception of Stan.
>
>Ask away, and many people will do the best they can.  Let us all
>know what you discover--report back.  Try not to take Stan away from
>the paying customers--if we're heading for a waterfall, he'll let us
>know before we get there.
>
>The list has a very interesting life of its own, and you are
>certainly welcome to be part of it.  A good question is better than
>a bad answer.
>
>Bill Effros
***************
    HERE ARE a few of my first basic questions on portlight
installation that are not answered in the archive:
  1.  I now understand  portlight speak in terms of spigot depth.  Is
the ID inside diameter the inside of the frame or the acrylic itself??
2.   I plan to use  a rasp or my dremel tool to enlarge the glass OD
AFTER i acquire a new portlight to mount.   I was hoping to find some
core material between my liner and the cabin but there was none, is
that normal?
  3. I assume the pressure treated wood mentioned in the archive is
placed between the liner and the cabin for structural support of the
porlight?

  thanks

  any help always appreciated
  Lou