[Rhodes22-list] Re: CB trunk, bottom paint

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at MAIL.nyu.edu
Wed Dec 1 11:05:14 EST 2004

Roger,

  Can you recommend a bottom paint for my CB trunk once I get it sanded?

  I am going to try to pu the WEST SYS book on Fibreglass repair and
Maintenance today if possible at WM.   I am praying that my trunk is
not damaged due to water and the bulges I have noticed are not that
much of an obstruction for sailing.  If  i need  to remove the board
again using a jack from the bottom- I can deal with that.  I dont
think i want to rip open my trunk if the (possible) delamination will
allow me to sail it.   But I am going to assess it on Sat and will
bring my dig cam to take  CU pics. I will grinding away some of the
paint from the bottom of the keel near the trunk and will drill a
pilot 3/16" hole to see if water is apparent.
  Lou