[Rhodes22-list] Sailing - Highly Technical Question

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Dec 2 08:10:44 EST 2004

Brad,
I assume you are talking about a holding tank. Generally speaking, the
biological action and the warmth generated from the heat still in the lake will
prevent it from freezing. I would think you would require many sub 32 degree
days to get it cold enough to freeze hard.
I have a porta-potti on Rum Runner and never worry about it or the water
tank freezing as long as the boat is in the water. You are a little further
north than I am, so pumping it out beats replacing it in the spring. :)

Rummy