[Rhodes22-list] Jesusland, Steve, and Robert Heinlein

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Thu Dec 2 11:15:21 EST 2004

brad haslett wrote:
> Stan,
> This is a violation of my own stated December policy,...

Thanks, Brad, for a useful response to the recent volley
of quasi-political messages.

Much as I hate to retire from this field or any field
until the game is over, I begin to think that the
"Jesusland" dialogue has some characteristics of the
aphorism attributed to Lazarus Long, one of Heinlein's
most colorful characters:

    "Never try to teach a pig to sing -- it doesn't
    work, and it annoys the pig."

And some sage said:

    "Before you speak, consider whether your words
    will do any good, and whether they will hurt
    anyone."

Nobody has been hurt, but it is evident that little
if any good has come of this thread either.

Bye,
Robert Skinner