[Rhodes22-list] Song reference help--Bill?

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Sat Dec 4 02:30:53 EST 2004

Hey Bill (the research king), or anyone else,

I had someone tonight in the club who requested a song that really took me
back.  Paul Simon's  "American Tune."

It's the one that begins:
"Many's the time I've been mistaken, and many times confused...."
(and later)   "...and I dreamed I was flyin'..."
Remember?

One of my all time favorites from so long ago, I have the song in my song
book, but I was wondering if you happen to know the origin.  I think it's
from an old Episcopalian hymn.  I'd like to quote and reference it
correctly.  I just thought I'd ask the King.

Slim