[Rhodes22-list] Boom preventer

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Sat Dec 4 10:49:20 EST 2004

Bob Dilk wrote:
> I may be over thinking this, but I would like to hear how you guys set
> up your preventer.

I have my boom vang set up with carabiners in each end.
When before a strong wind such that a jibe would be a
problem, I clip the vang to a chain plate or the rail.

It serves double duty.  Were I racing, I might use a
separate rig, but I trade some time in changing tacks
for simplicity and reduction in equipment.

The boom vang also serves as a handy billy on occasion,
as it is easy to detach from its normal position.

/Robert Skinner