[Rhodes22-list] Re: HELP!! CB trunk has delaminated!

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at MAIL.nyu.edu
Mon Dec 6 10:44:02 EST 2004

  Rummy, Roger,
  I wanted to add that after I discovered the delamination of the
trunk I did  the inevitable and drilled a 3/16" hole in the aft edge
of my KEEL about 18" aft of the rear of the trunk opening.   I
gingerly took the drill in until I hit the lead and stopped,  there
was NO apparent water coming out.    BUT!! This summer I had noticed
a drop coming out of the same region which could have been water
draining from  the years of abuse and neglect.  I think the water
came in from the cabin ( bad ports and holes above waterline in bow)
These are the most obvious locations I will be scouring the boat for
more after the CB is fixed.
thanks all
  Lou