[Rhodes22-list] Trailering weight

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 6 11:56:16 EST 2004

Tim,

I don't tow much but I  towed my 84 Rhodes 22 with a 94 S10 Blazer (4wd) 810
miles without any problems. I have a single axle trailer with no brakes. My
states require trailer brakes over 3500 pounds.

My Blazer does have heavy duty shocks and heavy duty transmission cooler. I
towed at highway speed just fine. My Blazer is only rated to tow 4K pounds.
I have never weighed the the total rig but I am guessing I exceeded  Chevy's
recomended towing weight by a couple of hundred pounds. I would guess that a
boat on trailer with motor and gear would weigh over 4ooo # and under 4500.

What is the tow rating for your Explorer?

Wally