[Rhodes22-list] Insurance and Registration

Jack Schiller jjschiller at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 12:28:30 EST 2004

Rummy:

Thanks for the advice. I've just joined Boat US, and it seems to be a good choice, but wanted opinions from experienced sailors.

Thanks again,
Jack Schiller

R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:
Jack,
I can't help you with the registration, but Boat US has about the best boat
insurance available, especially if you're purchasing a recycled from Sir
Stanley. The amount a boat can be insured for is usually determined by Blue Book
value. Since so few R22's are ever sold by dealers, they have little or no
information to go by, so you can negotiate the value based on what you paid for
it, including the trailer, motor and any other options. My 88 model is
insured, meaning boat, motor and trailer for $12,500. Try that with you local
automobile insurance agent and they'll balk at the value.
Congrats on getting such a superior boat. You are a lucky man.

Rummy