[Rhodes22-list] Re: Rhodes wanabes and List Lurkers

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Fri Dec 10 17:10:52 EST 2004

>We do seem to be blessed with an unusually high number of "project" boats
> this Christmas season don't we?

>I don't understand why so many boats seem to be coming on the market
> with
> their interiors gutted.

   UHHHHH, maybe it is because a Rhodes 22 is worth rebuilding? (whatever the year)  If it was a Mac, Chrysler or a Catalina 22 in sad shape, most people would pass it by.

  Most project boats have sat with rain water accumulating in the cabins.  One thing that I have seen is that the epoxy coating on the tops of the floor stringers is usual compromised.  I don't know if the tops were left bare or years of the floor rubbing as the hull flexes wore the epoxy away.  My present project has slight softening of the top 3/4" of the floor stringers.

Todd