[Rhodes22-list] Surface Coating for Floor Boards for an Inflatable Dingy

Bryan Childs bchilds1 at peoplepc.com
Wed Dec 22 15:54:59 EST 2004

I use an inflatable dingy for my Rhodes when cruising and I am in the process of rebuilding the floor boards.  (Heading to the Florida Keys in late Jan) These are boards that are linked together that form the flooring of the dingy.

The original boards were varnished and did not last very long so I am searching for a more durable coating.  Remember the edges of these boards are submersed in water particularly the stern section.  I have marine plywood but need opinions on the best coating: varnish,  epoxy paint, resin.

I know Roger will have some good ideas.