[Rhodes22-list] Baywater Temp Graphic

Jim White jdwhite at utpa.edu
Thu Dec 23 09:16:47 EST 2004

Hey ya'll
Just an FYI to illustrate how quickly the Laguna Madre water cools off,
I've attached a graphic showing the change since yesterdays cold front
arrived. The green line is over here on the Island, the shallowest portion
of the bay (1-3 feet), and you can see that the change was pretty darn
rapid. The red line is over at Port Isabel, a much deeper average (5-6
feet) part of the bay. This rapid change is the factor influencing our
present situation. The proverbial slow turtles just don't have a chance to
make it into the open gulf for deeper and warmer water. Long term WX looks
good next week, and I'm ready to SAIL!
jw
Jim White
Le Menagerie