[Rhodes22-list] Keith's Questions on outfitting R22 in Great Lakes

jmh123 at juno.com jmh123 at juno.com
Mon Feb 2 16:06:06 EST 2004

We finished our first season with an 85 Rhodes on Lake Huron (south of Oscoda at Tawas Bay). We have a 150 Genoa -which seems to be fine. If there's any breeze, there's usually enough to get us moving. And I like not having to furl it sooner as the breeze picks up.

We have upgraded to a long shaft Mercury 8, 2 cycle. I have found that to be plenty of horse power so far. I prefer the lighter weight for fore-aft trim and for "man-handling" the motor. Remote controls would be nice, but I have found the manual control quite "do-able".

John
s/v Clarity