[Rhodes22-list] Michael's Option List for Seaward 26RK

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Tue Feb 3 22:22:01 EST 2004

here the list but a work in progress, maybe I should have the michael meltzer version, might be able to save a buck ordering in bulk
:-)
MJM

the way I am thinking now:
1)tiller, the wheel dose nothing for me other than take up room, but real issue where to put the auto-pilot
2)18 diesel, like freshwater cooled, I be able to run with antifreeze. hot water would be good
3)need a 15x11 maybe 15x12 prop, not enough clearance
4)10 inch cleats in back
5)10 spring line cleats with chocks
6)Anderson st12 selftailing winches and real size winch cleats
7)1/2 inch sheets
8) double reef main with double single line reefing lead back to cockpit, rope clutch
9)rear rail with seats
10)stainless steel port(hate leaks)
11)not sure what to do with the life lines but not what they got, to short and they will leak in the long run.
12)teak head door system(opening out), lavvac head, 20 gallon holding, pumpout and overboard.
13)alcohol stove
14)135% jib on a fuller, lead to cockpit
15)need a boom vang
16)hand bilge pump(waler) in the cockpit
17)small beigle pump(500) and 4000 ghp backup
18)fixed VHF with masthead antenna
19)Ray St60 tridata
20) 2 buckhead compasss, one one each side.

Thinking :-)

add backstay with a "Y" and tensioner.