[Rhodes22-list] was STATUS now halftime show

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Thu Feb 5 02:02:35 EST 2004

Fred,

The National Anthem was sung by Beyonce Knowles.  Great set of pipes for
sure, but it bothers me when people change the SSB.  In her case, she
arranged it "in four" instead of "in three" as it was written.  I consider
that musical blasphemy.

BTW, you may have heard of the great guitarist from Minnesota, Leo Kottke.
The Star Spangled Banner was actually written by his great, great, great
grandfather, Francis Kottke.  8-)

Slim