[Rhodes22-list] was STATUS now halftime show

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Thu Feb 5 15:40:08 EST 2004

Fred,

Glad you enjoyed it.  Yeah, music should be open to interpretation, but I
just think we should draw the line at the SSB because it's not supposed to
be like a concert piece where the singers love to show off their pipes just
to show off.  It should be a solemn sing-along.  Once I heard Aaron Neville,
whom I love, sing it and it was so stylized with his characteristic
yodeling, that I couldn't even find the melody.  The average person should
be able to sing along.  Do you remember Rosanne Barr's version? Now that was
NOT license--that was crap!

Slim