[Rhodes22-list] Headsail Removal: Roller furling

Gardner, Douglas (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner at lexisnexis.com
Fri Feb 6 10:54:38 EST 2004

Jim,

  If you have a '78 with the original furler design, you will have a bit of
a variation on Bob's recommentation.  Your furler will be a rigid aluminum
tube, and the furler tube slips into a sleeve on the luff of the genoa, and
attached with a stainless screw and washer at the head.  Either a line or
another screw at the foot.  Undo the headstay from the masthead by removing
the pin, then unfasten the sail and slide off.

Cleaning is another issue.  You can try it yourself, or pay to have sailcare
do it.

Best of luck...

--Doug
s/v Fretnaught