[Rhodes22-list] Anchor Release Pin

jmh123 at juno.com jmh123 at juno.com
Sat Feb 7 22:12:29 EST 2004

Ed,

Sorry for the confusion (-this was so clear when I wrote it, but now I
don't understand it either!)

There are 2 stainless steel straps that extend out from either side of
the bow, just below the rub rail and parallel to the deck. They have a
series of holes and I wish to run a quick release bin through these and
the shank ring on the anchor to hold the shank secure but make it easy to
cast the anchor quickly.

Boy this is embarrassing, do I have to include the name of our boat in
this e-mail?

John
s/v Clarity

If you are talking about a quick release pin in line with the forestay,
it is not safe.
               Ed K