[Rhodes22-list] was Yamaha 9.9 Water Pump Replacement, now hoist

Jay Friedland a.jayf at verizon.net
Tue Feb 10 14:47:11 EST 2004

Bill, Rummy, et al-
Thanks.
Service guy said routine recommendation is yearly but flushing should
double the life-every other year. At $125 parts & labor I can probably
do that. But its the sand & mud that we have to put up with here it's
insurance and service is relatively close by.

I'm thinking about an onboard hoist through Garhauer or Forespar to
pull the motor if I have. Last year after Isabel, we had a succession
of storms that ripped the motor mount off 3 times with rebuilding each
time-now in the factory. Anybody use either?

What I would do is lift the motor into the cockpit and secure on a pad
with hold-downs.
Jay