[Rhodes22-list] Steve 2 cycle vs 4 cycle smoke: ad nauseam

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sat Feb 14 16:05:14 EST 2004

Rummy,

I'll probably keep using it for another 10 years.  I'm having some trouble finding anyone who actually has the 8hp 4 stroke Tohatsu with a 20" shaft and electric start.  Then I want to make sure they are as reliable as advertised, so I'll wait a little longer.  By then I may decide to keep the 2 stroke after all.

I've put sound proofing inside the motor cover, which has made a difference.  I own a sound meter, but never thought to test the 2 stroke to see how loud it is.  I'll do that this summer

I would certainly hold onto the 2 stroke for a while after buying the 4 stroke to make sure the new motor was as good as the old one is.

But, after all that, if I decided to sell "old faithful", you've got first shot.

Bill