[Rhodes22-list] Tools in Boat

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Sun Feb 22 23:05:24 EST 2004

it going to be a long list, it not just the tools it also the spares. I will assume the standard coast gruard stuff

I like to organized by functions:

motor:
2 gas tanks, the one you running on and the next filled with ringguard and stabilizer in it.
spare fuel line with it own bulb
can of crab cleaner
can of starting fluid
can of wd40
spare starter rope
set of sparkplugs, with the right socket
thermostat replacement kit, with right socket and a few matching screws for the housing(as in fall in :-)

electrical:
Volt ohm meter,
wire cutters, wire strippers, small screwdrivers, needle nose pliers
roll and liquidized electrical tape
crimptool and connectors.
small butane soldering(with a rope cutting hot blade), solder
spare wire in 12,14 gauge.
small wire brush to clean connectors
2 replacement bulbs for every light, in line fuses to match

sails and rigging:
sail repair kit with tape(you can use it to whip line also)
a dozen pins and rings(remember the forestay is smaller then the rest)
65 foot 1/4 line for topping lift, fuller, backstay adj, main and jib.
65 7/16 for a jib sheet
4x25 foot docklines 1/2, in case you tie up somewhere and your lines are back at the dock
2 sets of anchors with thier own chain and rhode

General tools to add:
visegrips, 2 pair pointy and regular
socket set 3/8 drive, the one where all the sockets come on a strip take up little space
flash lights, with spare bulb and batteries
screw driver, the 4way are handily
spare hose clamps
set of wood plugs
ducttape