[Rhodes22-list] Barney's water

Kroposki kroposki at innova.net
Wed Feb 25 10:13:58 EST 2004

Steve,
	That drain by the centerboard line does not always drain good.
Mine has a lip of about 1/4" that prevents all water from draining.  The
previous owner of my boat drilled holes in the seat gutter on each side
to solve this problem.  He only created a greater problem.  For a while
I had water getting into the cabin near the centerboard drain.  An
inspection showed that the centerboard tubing was in good shape and not
the cause of the problem.  One day a quick and heavy rain shower put me
in the cabin during the rain.  An inspection under the starboard edge
during the rain showed water siphoning along the edge from under the
seat then dripping down.  I put tubes in the holes to drain the water
into the cockpit and problem has stopped.  My boat inherently tilts a
couple of degrees forward.  Since mine is an '84, maybe he has the same
problem.  I do not believe it affects the sailing.
		Ed K