[Rhodes22-list] now this is a boaters book

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Sun Feb 29 19:20:15 EST 2004

Another excellent read - Cruising At Last by Elliott Merrick. This book has
gotten very good reviews in several sailing magazines. It's the story of a
retired couple who build a 20' wooden sloop and sail from Georgia to Maine
and back. From the cover:

"This is no vast adventure clumsily told by a sailor trying to become a
writer. On the contrary, Cruising At Last is a simple tale told with charm,
wit, and humor by an accomplished writer learning to become a sailor."

Mark Kaynor