[Rhodes22-list] Over the Mountain

Kroposki kroposki at innova.net
Mon Jan 5 10:42:43 EST 2004

Wally,
	On my return trip back to SC, I found an upgraded connection
between Tennessee and South Carolina.  I have used I-81 from
Pennsylvania as a way to avoid the Big City Traffic on I-95 since before
I-81 was finished.  When they completed I-77 over the mountain in North
Carolina, it became my primary connection.  However, it goes thru
Charlotte to connect to I-85 and in today's world, it means traffic
jams.
	This time I went on I-81 thru Bristol to I-181 or I-26 (same
road but both numbers are used in different places.  Apparently, they
completed the road over the mountain this summer and is now complete.
This must be a fantastic trip in the fall when the leaves are changing.
In fact, probably
Tennessee did appreciate what they were building and did not build
enough overlooks.  Have you seen this road yet?
                                    Ed K