[Rhodes22-list] A description of '94 Bahamas trip.

NAPOLI51950 at aol.com NAPOLI51950 at aol.com
Tue Jan 6 00:02:55 EST 2004

Hi Fred,
          I hope that my info was of some use though there are lots of other
approaches.  In deed the fix was "perminent" as far as the sealing job.  The
down side was that it reduced air circulation somewhat in the cabin, but then
again the mosquitos and the occasional mud dauber were kept out.  There are
some pealable caulking strips that might have done the trick and have been
removeable at a later time.

The pins were a 3/16 (I think) by perhaps 3 inches with a small spring loaded
ball at one end making them self locking, the other end had a ring.  I
drilled 4 pilot holes through the flang or lip that surrrounds the open area of the
cabin when the pop top is up.  I continued the holes throug the lip of the
actual pop top.  I would  then slide the snug fitting pins into their proper
holes (2 port and 2 starboard) from inside the cabin.
The rings would not snag on anything being on the inside and could be removed
quickely in an emergency if necessary.  I feel like a horse and buggy, GPS
and autopilot remote,  it must be Sweeeet to have them on the boat.

Chris G
Medford, OR