[Rhodes22-list] A description of '94 Bahamas trip.

FredkLange at aol.com FredkLange at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 17:47:41 EST 2004

Chris,

I have screened off the cockpit openings to the cabin using sticky tape and
nylon screening.  I never thought there was enough support for something solid
to resist the force of water flooding the cockpit.

You're probably talking about what is called a "fastpin" to secure the
poptop.  As it is, I weave a dockline between the cabin top hand rails to secure the
poptop.  Since I also have to secure a bimini which lies across the poptop, I
think I'll stick with the rope approach.

Thanks for the ideas, though.  And yes, you can go just about anywhere with a
GPS and autopilot.  They can even be tied together so the autopilot seeks the
GPS waypoint.  I'd tie mine together if I could just get the autopilot
compass calibrated to agree with the GPS heading.

Fred