[Rhodes22-list] Winter sailing blues - cure found

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Wed Jan 7 21:52:52 EST 2004

Slim,

Thanks. We think she's kinda pretty, too.

The windlass was custom-built for the PO by the manufacturer. He says "That
windlass isn't for anchoring. It's for moving after you've anchored." -
meaning that, if you're not happy with your spot, you're way more likely to
move to a safer spot if it's not that much of a hassle. Besides, even the
Maine lobstermen don't haul by hand much anymore <g>.

Retiring - yeah, well, sort of, we hope, eventually, soon, maybe, who knows?
Is that definite enough <g>? Before too long, we hope. We'll still have to
work for a while, but thankfully our skills are portable enough (and our
employer flexible enough) that we'll be able to continue to work enough to
build the kitty until we are ready to take off.

Mark