[Rhodes22-list] Cape Cod Fred

Kroposki kroposki at innova.net
Fri Jan 9 14:25:20 EST 2004

Fred:

      Sounds like you would use the boat like I do.  It usually just me
and my wife sailing.  We bring some drinks and sandwiches.  I have had 5
in the boat, but that is the exception.

      I sail in South Carolina on Rummy's Lake aka Lake Hartwell.  See:

http://www.sas.usace.army.mil/lakes/hartwell/

And I keep my boat at Big Water Marina on the South End of the Lake.
See:

http://familyoutdoors.com/pages/bigwater.htm

      The cockpit is reason enough to get the Rhodes 22.  The seats are
long enough to stretch out and go to sleep (zzzzzz).  Or to sit 3 on the
upwind side.  If you get a furling foresail and the IMF, it has to one
of the easiest boats to sail.  To me those two features allow for fast
sail use and adjustment.  But if you want to race, then conventional
sails are probably more effective.

      This list is not controlled by General Boats nor any specific
company.  Many of the comments don't relate to sailing.  Do not be
fooled, the posts are coming from folks who own and sail the R22.  So
ask any question.

               Ed K