[Rhodes22-list] general rigging question

FNuttersNY at aol.com FNuttersNY at aol.com
Sat Jan 10 19:15:59 EST 2004

Happy New Year and greetings from the fridget norhteast. The old Hudson is
freezing up quickley this week.  Does anyones older boat have the top of the
roller fr.jib/forstay attached to a halyard?  Same question concerning
rollermain. It seams my boats sails are fixed at the top of the mast but the provision
is there to hook up halyards so these sails can be removed with the mast up. If
I add a  seperate forstay I can drop the roll.jib set up back a bit to a
fitting 6 inches from the bow chainplate on deck.    It doesn't seam like a bad
idea to me since my sails  might need some work after the boat is in the water.
The notion of removing them while the mast is up  is one I like. Anyone see a
problem?