[Rhodes22-list] Auto Helm

bchilds1 bchilds1 at peoplepc.com
Tue Jan 13 17:59:24 EST 2004

What is HUEME stand for?

Fortunately my last sailing partner owns a machine shop and has all the
tools to manufacture anything I need.  We customized the last autohelm on
the 32 footer so that it mounted under the aft deck and connected to the
rudder post.  If I can't purchase it I will make it out of stainless steal.

The scary part is drilling a hole in the deck/gunnel area. I will purchase
the unit and study the directions.  Then will mock up the design on the boat
to check out the geometry.