[Rhodes22-list]Guns and Politics

CT ctscuba at aquaticworlds.com
Thu Jan 15 19:52:12 EST 2004

No country or locality has such a gun control law striclty and perfectly
enforced, the closest I can think of other than my Saturday night poker game
is Singapore and England (both restricting handguns).  But there are also
local jurisdictions that control guns.  Myself, I have a permit to carry.
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.  And the weapon behind the headboard has
one in the pipe.  I'm not a bad guy either.
I don't know where your statistic of 50% of US households comes from...but
it seems high IMO.  Certainly, more bad guys have guns than good guys.
Unfortunately, the bad guys use theirs more.  As for the homeowner vs
intruder stats.  You probably won't see those anywhere.  It's bad for the
gun control crowd to advertise it...

CT