[Rhodes22-list] club racing

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 16 11:05:49 EST 2004

Peter, Thanks for the book reference.  I have a total of 6 books which I am
in varying stages of reading.  I know the real oppertunity lies in better
strategy, seamanship, and execution and not with equipment but I got spoiled
racing a Force 5 where all sail controls were in arms reach.  You could make
any adjustment without taking your eyes off the course.  I will get "Start
to Win" and give it a try.  My biggest complaint of the books I have read so
far is the complexity, this really can be rocket science if you choose.  I
am looking for a good book on racing tactics somewhere in between "Racing
for Dummies" and "Masters level Aerodynamics and Hydrodynamics" I tell all
new sailors that this is truely a sport you can spend the rest of your life
perfecting or have a hell of a time doing it less than perfectly forever.
Thanks Bob