[Rhodes22-list]Guns and Politics

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Sat Jan 17 10:51:08 EST 2004

Steve wrote:
> Robert
> Whats wrong with honest people owning machine guns or
> similer weapons????????????  You have to keep in mind
> that dishonest people own them and are perpared to use
> them on you.  Take for example your family; let say
> someone break into your house and you pull out a
> pistol or shotgun but they have machine guns.
> Needless to say your whole family is now dead.
> Wouldn't you have had better odds it you would have
> had a machine gun???????  Or are you perpared to give
> up your family lives for the shake of gun control?????
> Interesting; analysis, don't you agree!!!!!!!!!!!!
> Steve

Whoa, man!

Where did you get the idea that I was anti-gun?
As a former Marine, I am in favor of helping
gun-toting thieves find their just reward with
maximum efficiency.

Paraphrasing General Patton, "It's not my job to
die defending my home.  My job is to kill the
guy who is attacking it."

Dead criminals rarely bring suit for damages.

Hope that clears up the issue.

/Bob Skinner