[Rhodes22-list] Self-Tacking R22 traveler

Steve rhodes2282 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 18 08:08:30 EST 2004

Peter
Your heavey air drawing is not correct.  You will
never be able to get that type of adjustment with what
you are recommending.  Your analysis of the
information I presented to you is also incorrect. I
suguest you reevaluate this especially if you are
going to do something like this on your boat.
However, please feel free to do whatever damage to you
boat that you like:-) It's not my concern. Your
missing the whole point of what a traveler does.  I
have seen many boat that have a system like you are
recommending and they do NOT work the same as a
traveler.  If you recommending something for racing;
Stay with the Traveler.  You will never get good
adjustment with your proposed method.

Anyway, this is my 2 cents & I feel that I'm waisting
my time due to your analysis below. If you are going
to race; stick with what works.
Steve

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200401/18/R22alternativetravelllerREV.jpg