[Rhodes22-list] FYI how did I spend my Christmas

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Tue Jan 20 12:47:48 EST 2004

The one thing about the Seaward 26 that kinda makes the hair on the back of
my neck stand up is the bulb fin.  Many of you may remember the story years
back of the single-hander crossing the Atlantic in a small boat with a bulb
keel.  Apparently he hit something--a whale, a partially submerged shipping
container--and the boat turtled so fast that he had no time to hit the EPRB
or anything.  They discovered the boat upside down with the bulb broken off
and no sign of the sailor.  With 1200 lbs. of ballast in the bulb, if you
ran aground or hit something and it snapped off, would the S26 turtle?

Slim