[Rhodes22-list] Spinnaker

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Wed Jan 21 21:04:30 EST 2004

Slim,

Yes, Bill has two cars on that mast track.  Two cars enable Bill to:

Fly a double headsail rig with each foresail poled out on opposite sides of
the boat.  Since it's possible the two headsails could be different size and
cut, it's nice to have two different cars so the poles can each be set at
the optimum height.

When gibing downwind, frequently the optimum pole height is different on
port vs. starboard tack.  It's a real luxury to have two cars so you don't
have to keep reseting the car on each tack.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium