[Rhodes22-list] dinghy motors

Russell Miller re.miller at att.net
Thu Jan 22 17:19:26 EST 2004

Don't know where you sail, but we feel that the Honda*8 is excellent
considering tide flow etc.  Remember if the tide flow at 5 knots, you must
push your Rhodes at a speed >5 knots to make any head way at all.

Last summer we where on the Calibogue Sound where the tide f;owss about 5-6
knots.  We had the motor about 60% and enhjoying the view!!! Low & behold we
found we were losing headwAY - ibnsted of being headed to Harvbor Towne
Marina we were at sea!!!!  So you do need enough umph!

Russ
s/v Bulldog