[Rhodes22-list] Prosecuted homeowner blasts officials

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Sat Jan 24 08:55:05 EST 2004

Rik,

My feeling re home and family defense is that the whole issue is a matter of
choosing the least bad option from a bunch of poor choices.  I would rather
suffer the potential legal consequences of shooting an intruder rather than
permit harm to myself or my family.  All the police and lawyers in the world
cannot undo an injury once it's been done, even if the judicial system works
as it should.  Remember, I did not invite a burgler to break into my house.
If shooting him before he can hurt me or my family means I might have to do
jail time for manslaughter, then so be it.  I refuse to be a victim.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium