[Rhodes22-list] Bulb Keels

bchilds1 bchilds1 at peoplepc.com
Sun Jan 25 17:41:55 EST 2004

Those boats are built at the structural limit so to maximize performance.
All the material is thinned to the minimum.  I would not be concerned with a
strength of a typical cursing boat, especially the Rhodes.

Then again there was Chuck Muir on his Freedom 40 that did not make it
across from the Bahamas.  I speculate the free standing masts were driving
through the hull during the violent storm. Nobody knows.