[Rhodes22-list] Crao on da list.

Robert Quinn rjquinn at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 25 18:57:42 EST 2004

bchilds:  Yes, there are tons of options for chart books that cover the
Keys.  West Marine has a series that covers the north, middle and southern
areas. We just picked up the "Waterway Guide" Southern 2004 which covers
Florida, the Gulf of Mexico, and the Bahamas.  Got it through Amazon at
$39.95.  I have been fingering through it and it appears very comprehensive,
enough so that charts would be necessary only for the "big picture."

Pappy's book is a cruising guide with lots of good information and
anchorage/marina information but not comprehensive enough to substitute for
proper charts.

This web site will give you weather conditions at the various
snorkeling/diving sites: http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/dial.shtml.  I would, once
again, recommend that you visit one of the state parks in the area to pick
up some handbooks on the various reefs in the area that offer a host of
really cools spots to visit.  John Pennekamp on Key Largo or the Biscayne
National Park up near Homestead to get a good start.

Also,  see http://www.abfla.com/1tocf/natf/coral.html

Watch the weather in the winter!  The nor'easters blow through frequently
and although the weather sounds great compared to where you are today, it
does require you to be cautious down here.

Bob