[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 mainsheet traveler

ASNOOCH at aol.com ASNOOCH at aol.com
Mon Jan 26 13:59:43 EST 2004

Bob... I've "restored" my 82 Rhodes 22... with some modifications to
accommodate an over 60 year old...single handle in "moderate weather" on Long Island
Sound.
    ...Regarding my traveler system....  It is based upon the following:
    Use of Stainless Steel 1 " Tubing to fabricate a cockpit pulpit with
sufficient strength to endure max. expected force of Main Sail and then some. To
accomplish this a pair of stainless steel U plates  "clamp over transom" thru
bolted ....secured to stainless steel uprights of rear pulpit rail.  All
sections bolt or weld secured
  THEN OBTAINED VIA STAN"S ASSISTANCE THE TRAVELER CAR HE EMPLOYES>>>> AND
THIS WAS MOUNTED ON THE PULPIT>>> APPROPRIATE BLOCKS AND CLUTCHES WERE ALSO
MOUNTED IN A SIMILAR MANNER>
   THIS SYSTEM HAS BEEN IN PLACE FOR THREE YEARS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS>> BACK
STAYS INTACT

   IF YOU WISH WHEN THE TEMP RISES ABOVE FREEZING I"LL FORWARD PICS>>>   BURT
  (Golden Snooch)