[Rhodes22-list] Seaward 26RK

Steve rhodes2282 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 06:15:09 EST 2004

Michael
Yeah, the folks I know with that setup, don't like it
either.  The reason I menthion the cabin top is sence
you will have a auto-pilot, it's not like you have to
work the tiller;  also, you can have a much wider
traveler installed which would give better adjustment
to the main.
Example:
Like on Bills' Hunter 28, (traveler on cabin top) the
traveler lines are very long which allows for
adjustment of the traveler from all the way behind the
wheel.  Of course the mainsheet line is long enough to
do it behind the wheel but due to the pressure
involved with hunter 28 size main; dumping wind in a
gust is much easier using the traveler than say using
the mainsheet.  Acutally a lot easier!!!  And you
don't lose the shape of the main as much by dumping
wind with the traveler as oppose to dumping with the
mainsheet.

Anyway, hope you come up with a good idea.
Steve