[Rhodes22-list] Huge $$ for R22s?

mltroy at verizon.net mltroy at verizon.net
Thu Jan 29 09:56:28 EST 2004

I think this falls under the different strokes for different...... and it all depends on where your priorities lie.... and (of course) how much money you have to play with.

We are fairly frugal people. After deciding to sell our $2500 Com-Pac 16 seven years ago we astonished ourselves by buying a nearly $20,000 recycled R22. Monday morning quarterbacking the decision it was a much better decision than we thought at the time but we spend every weekend from April through October on the boat. Compared to the folks at our marina, for the most part we are spending peanuts. As they say ...your mileage may vary.

The only issue I see with putting that much into a small boat is what happens when you want to sell it. You need to find someone who appreciates the same toys you do.

Best,
Mary Lou
1991 Rhodes 22  Fretless
Ft. Washington, PA / Swan Creek, MD